Windows 8.1 icon views don't show image previews (icons)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MarioI2, Apr 13, 2018.

1. MarioI2

MarioI2 Bit poster

I recently upgraded to Parallels 13 and under a Windows 8.1 VM File Manager in any of the icon view modes (Large icons, Medium icons, etc) stopped showing images for .jpg, .bmp, and other image files. Sometimes when I open a folder I briefly see the image icons paint, but then they are replaced by a stock icon. See the screen shot. Thanks in advance!

upload_2018-4-13_11-41-1.png

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MarioI2, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow http://bit.ly/1jbXVsI to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. MarioI2

MarioI2 Bit poster

Hi AJ, thanks for helping. I reinstalled Parallels Tools from inside the VM by selecting Actions>Reinstall Parallels Tools. No change in the reported behavior. At first I see the icons showing thumbnails of image files and they are promptly overprinted with the stock image as shown in the screen shot above. I am running Windows 8.1 Enterprise on a Macbook Pro and MacOS 10.13.4. Intel i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.