Windows Activation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by nicwilson, Nov 22, 2011.

1. nicwilson

nicwilson Junior Member

Hi,

I am fairly new to Parallels 7, I have been using BootCamp for over 2 years without a single issue, but a friend talked me into using parallels to make things a little easier and that is where my troubles began.

I installed Parallels 7 and pointed it to my bootcamp partition, and it worked so far so good.
    Then windows 7 asked for re-activation again, slighly annoyed but ok, I re-activated and it worked.
    Then I need to boot back into Bootcamp to use all available memory and cpu for a partiular task, but windows said my windows was not genuine and needed the CD Key again, and then needed activation again, so I did this and it worked.

Next time I booted windows under parallels it again asked for activation, but this time it failed and I needed to call microsoft which worked.

Then two days later I booted bootcamp and it needed activation again, and another phone call to microsoft.

I cannot and will not keep activating just beacuse of parallels, does anybody know why this is? does everyone have to keep activating every time you switch between parallels and bootcamp?

Nic Wilson