Windows always asks to install updates

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by joco, Mar 7, 2007.

1. joco

joco Member

I am running 3186 and just like versions before I keep getting prompted to restart becuase updates have been applied. Also when I go to shut down there is always an option to Install Updates. Even after I do this I still see messages to install updates.... What gives?

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

change your windows update settings to download only, rather than download and install. this should stop it forcing you to continually restart. this has been a fairly common issue. I'm not sure if there was a solution, but a quick search for windows updates in the forum should direct you to other threads on this.

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

grab all the updates you can
    thay are mostly security issues

they will stop when you are up to date

you may always click on restart later

Hugh W

4. srvp

srvp Junior Member

Joco,

I am currently having a similar problem with my Dell PC at work, but strangely none of the other computers at the office seem to have this problem. Neither does my MacPro with 3186 and XP. When I look at the details it continually reinstalls something like KB...9723. It says the installation was successful, but reinstalls it the following day. I've tried CCleaner, Spybot S&D, and Kaspersky and nothing changes this behavior.

5. joco

joco Member

Actually, after two days with 3186 this seems to have quieted down... One note tho, I did boot into BootCamp once in between (which I hardly ever do)... so maybe that had something to do with it....