Windows ARM64 - seems to boot up

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by DanO3, Dec 17, 2020.

1. ChrisW38

ChrisW38 Bit Poster

I already had a windows 10 license, so no, it would be interesting to find out if you can.

2. BobW11

BobW11 Bit Poster

Sign-in with MS account seems broken. Looks like it's a 32-bit app.

3. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Bit Poster

For windows? If you already has licensed Windows and you registered into insider program, you are licensed to use insider builds as long as you stay into insider program. You can even later switch to the pre-release channel and receive only stable builds. The only disadvantage that you cannot switch off extended diagnostics while you are insider.

4. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Bit Poster

It's interesting, Task Manager shows that Windows Store is build for x86 (Intel 32bit) architecture

5. BobW11

BobW11 Bit Poster

Different than having an activated license for the VM vs signing up from another licensed machine.

6. MJHamilton

MJHamilton Bit Poster

Latest build of parallels and latest build of windows 10 seem so close to being perfect
    most of the modern apps including the windows store are now installed using the correct bits

7. ChrisW38

ChrisW38 Bit Poster

agree well done Parallels

8. ChrisW38

ChrisW38 Bit Poster

Has anyone managed to change the sign in options for the virtual machine to allow Windows Hello Face to use the MacBook camera?
    Current I receive a message saying "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". The camera does work with windows, as I can use the Camera App fine. Any suggestions ?