"Windows cannot access \\psf\Documents..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DICKS, Feb 13, 2012.

1. DICKS

DICKS Bit poster

Suddenly my filesharing arrangements are kerflooey. When I double-click any Windows-created file, such as <path>\agenda.doc, Word appears in the dock but eventually I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\psf\Documents\...\agenda.doc". I get the same error when trying to open the file from inside Microsoft Word. Following advice I've found elsewhere, I've uninstalled/reinstalled Parallels Tools, disabled/enabled Sharing options in Parallels Desktop/Configuration/Sharing, rebooted numerous times in all combinations. No joy from any of these. Can someone help me get back my file sharing?

Running Mac OS10.7.2 Lion, Parallels 7 for Mac, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Thanks ==> Dick

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Hi Dick.
    The problem is 100% in Parallels Tools.
    But you need to do absolutely clean installation, get rid of all instances etc.
    I suggest you to contact Parallels Tech support so that they can do it. Make a backup!
    go to www.parallels.com/support
    it is free

3. DICKS

DICKS Bit poster

YanaYana,

Thanks for your post. I've gotten good support from Parallels Tech Support. We went through an exhaustive procedure, which at the end allowed us to determine that the problem was with a Service installed by PCKeeper, the pc side of the MacKeeper software I had installed recently. If I disabled the service, the problem disappeared. Re-enabled, the problem came back. Parallels said: "get another virus program, we recommend Kaspersky". MacKeeper has not yet responded to my inquiry and request for possible refund.

Dick

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

Thanks for this update. PCkeeper was blocking Parallels Coherence service which is a part of Parallels Tools. well good to know for other users