Windows desktop on Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by bidione, Mar 1, 2008.

1. bidione

bidione Member

I wonder if it is possible to have all elements from my Windows desktop appear on my Mac desktop? This would make life a lot easier. Now coherence mode in I do have a Windows desktop with all elements of my daily work (folder, files) and as soon as I open a folder in Windows desktop, this folder opens but the entire Windows desktop and all elements on it disappear and I see my Mac desktop - including the one opened folder from my Windows desktop. Essentially, this means, drag & drop an element from one Windows folder to another is impossible.

It would simply be great if all elements from the Windows desktop would appear on the Mac desktop and could be opened there - e.g. for easy drag-and-drop of files between folders.

Any solution for this? I know I can open the Finder window to see the Windows desktop elements - but this is just not as intuitive as opening folders & drag/drop right on the desktop!

2. LinkRS

LinkRS Member

Hi bidone,

I achieve drag and drop functionality on the Mac side by using the mounted Windows hard drive. Whenever I start up Parallels (non-coherence), it places an icon of the Windows hard drive on my Mac desktop. Not to mention, that my Mac home folder is listed as a network drive in Windows Explorer (My Computer). This allows me to drag and drop files, each using the "native" file manipulation of each OS. Hope this helps!

Rich