Windows does not open Shared Application

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by jponline, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jponline

jponline Bit poster

Windows does not open Shared Application (Solved)

Hi.

I am using Build 6.0.11994 of Parallels for Windows.
    I have installed Windows 7 Professional x64.
    It is all Running on a 17" MacBookPro with 2.55GhZ i7 and 8GB RAM installed.

The Problem:
    When i try to start/use a "Parallels Shared Application" within Windows (i.e. Firefox(MAC) ) nothing happens.

What caused the Problem:
    I cloned my virtual machine, and used for several days both machines at the same time. (While using both I never tried to use a Parallels Shared Application, so I dont know if the Problem came from cloning itself)

After I had no more need for the two machines i deleted one of the Vitrual machines. (Deletet the .pvm file and removed the Machine from the list of virtual machines)

I am 99% Sure i deleted the former "original" machine, and kept the clone. (but thats fine for me)

However, now the "parallels shared Applications(PSA)" are not working anymore.

Note: The use of shared applications is activated. I also did this: deactivated use of PSA - reboot(VM) - activated PSA -reboot(VM), with no effect

Could you please help me!

Thank you

Julius

EDIT: Apparently the "deactivate PSA-reboot-activate PSA-reboot" process did work, but somehow only after i rebooted my MacBook. So everything working again.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011