Windows does not start successfully.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by virtualplumber, Jun 28, 2007.

1. virtualplumber

virtualplumber Bit poster

I am not able to start up windows. I am getting a Window that says we apologize for the inconvenience. but Windows did not start successfully. Then it goes on the offer me safe mode start up etc.. nothing works. Can any one help me?

Andy Wyatt

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Is this a new Win install or one you've been using for a while? If new, I'd try a re-install.

Try a search on this phrase in Google: we apologize for the inconvenience. but Windows did not start successfully.

I just did and there were lots of hits.

Phil

3. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello
    You should use the Windows Setup program to repair the installation. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your VM(Change boot sequence to CD-ROM,Hard Disk,Floppy). On the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to set up Windows.
    2. Press F8 (F8+fn) to agree to the license agreement.
    3. Use the ARROW keys to select the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press R.

Windows Setup repairs the installation files, Windows automatically restarts, and then the Setup program finishes the repair of your Windows installation.
    4. Follow the remaining steps to set up Windows.