Windows Epic Games shortcuts are opening in macOS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Mike H, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Mike H

Mike H Bit poster

Hi all
    Host OS is macOS Catalina (10.15.6), guest is Windows 10 Pro (v2004). Parallels is 16.0.0 (48916)
    I have the Epic Games launcher installed on both macOS and Windows.

When the Epic launcher creates shortcuts on Windows, they're actually .url files with URLs such as this one:
    com.epicgames.launcher://apps/Fortnite?action=launch&silent=true

What's odd is that double-clicking one of these shortcuts in Windows will fire up the Epic launcher in macOS instead. I'm guessing macOS has a handler for the same custom URL format and is somehow getting priority.

How do I ensure the guest OS (Windows) gets priority in figuring out what to do with these shortcuts?
    Many thanks,
    Mike

2. Hello, did you try to right click on your file choose "open with" and choose your app (installed on the Windows side)?

3. HenningO

HenningO Bit poster

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Wenn ich es schaffe, dass beim Start nicht zum MacOS gewechselt wird, wird eine fehlende MF.dll bemängelt.
    den obigen Hinweis verstehe ich nicht.

4. Parasdham1508

Parasdham1508 Bit poster

Hello I think it's great to create and use for playing a game in Shortcut form.

Alochana
    Pachkhan

Paryushan Parva
    Online Pratikraman

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2021
  5. Hello, could you provide us with a detailed issue description please?
    Screenshots and technical report will be very helpful.

6. Hi, could you please provide us with the step-by-step details how would you like to use the feature?

7. HenningO

HenningO Bit poster

I thought, I already said all issues.
    If I start the game with rockstar game launcher, I only can start "to play with epic". On klick, it changes to epic games launcher on MacOS-side not under windows.

If I start epic games launcher on windows-side and start GTA there, code cannot proceed, as MF.dll is missing. New installation of program code result in working.
    But I do not know, which program and how do reinstall. Tried GTA, no result. Could not reinstall epic, as it is need to deinstall and this always changes to windows again.