Windows flickers in 'Single Window' mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DFoxgrov, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Airw0lf

Airw0lf Junior Member

thanks! is it possible to switch my international key to a english one?
    if so please provide me with the info via private mail.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

When you sudo you have to authenticate also, in Finder, just select all the files cited using the the command key and you'll only have to authenticate once.

And if you're going to do the script don't forget that the .kexts are folders, or at least update the article.

Also, commands that involve 'sudo rm -rf' shouldn't be copy pasted, a bad selection can be too dangerous.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  3. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

I usually get it while running Forte Agent in coherence mode.

The flicker doesn't seem to be anything the program knows about, but is a flip back and forth between two images. I actually can work if I can guess which of the two images is the current one. But I quit out and restart Parallels instead. Every time except once that did the trick.

4. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

I have the flicker and I run in coherence mode.

I have had this running Forte Agent. The flicker seems to be between the "real" screen and the previous image. I believe the swap only swaps the image, and nothing really changes behind the scenes. I close down my apps, close down Parallels, and restart. Only once has this failed to clear the problem.

5. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

I started to see this flicker every once in a while on my MacBook Pro. It started just a couple of days ago. I've been running PD 5600 on 10.5.3 since the update came out and nothing like this has happened before. Could it be an issue with a Windows update? If this were happening on a windows PC, I'd suspect maybe corrupted drivers or something like that.

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

It's not a Windows problem (it doesn't happen in Boot Camp for instance).

7. iota

iota Member

In my case it happened right after I installed OS X 10.5.3 update. Before the update, Windows XP VM did not have any flicker problem.
    It is a big hassle to me to remove OS update and test my case.
    So I am awaiting your solution.

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The 'solution' is to download (and install) the latest Parallels release (build 5608).

9. iota

iota Member

Thanks Specimen... Build 5608 solved my problem...

10. psadmin

psadmin Bit poster

fast screen flickering

does the update fix the problem?
    we are running parallels on a new imac 24" with winxp pro. when i start quickbooks anything within the vm becomes almost impossible to use. rapid flickering. this just started occurring in the past week or so and the accountant is having to work in bootcamp (obviously working fine) in order to get her work done.
    tia

11. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert