Windows Installation - Connecting to Network/Internet Problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ABW, Dec 10, 2022.

1. ABW

ABW Bit poster

I can't finish my windows installation.
    When I open Parallels and Windows, the Windows window opens saying, I need to be connected to a network to proceed.
    I have attached a two screenshots, they're in German.

Anyone, there, who can help?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. NatalieS3

NatalieS3

Best Answer
    I have this exact issue and have followed the steps above but all it does it tell me I have now lost my internet connection and requests that I reconnect. My Mac is currently connected to the internet, I have tried both wifi and network cable but the installation progress will not move passed this screen

3. Marianzo

Marianzo Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem as you, how did you solve it?

4. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello ABW,

please follow the steps outlined below:
    1. Open Parallels Desktop Configuration: click the Parallels icon || > Preferences.
    2. Select Shortcuts > Keyboard Menu
    3. In the newly opened "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window, click on the plus sign
    4. Select the Shift button on your screen and choose "F10" in the dropdown option
    5. Click on OK and close the "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window.
    6. On the newly created Windows 11 virtual machine, click on the keyboard icon at the top menu of your virtual machine window.
    7. Click the newly added Shift+10 shortcut to open the windows command prompt window.
    8. When the command prompt window opens, type "taskmgr" and press the Enter key.
    9. In the newly opened task manager window, search for "Network Connection Flow" and click on End task to move to the next step of installation.

5. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

HelloMarianzo,

Please follow the steps outlined below:
    1. Open Parallels Desktop Configuration: click the Parallels icon || > Preferences.
    2. Select Shortcuts > Keyboard Menu
    3. In the newly opened "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window, click on the plus sign
    4. Select the Shift button on your screen and choose "F10" in the dropdown option
    5. Click on OK and close the "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window.
    6. On the newly created Windows 11 virtual machine, click on the keyboard icon at the top menu of your virtual machine window.
    7. Click the newly added Shift+10 shortcut to open the windows command prompt window.
    8. When the command prompt window opens, type "taskmgr" and press the Enter key.
    9. In the newly opened task manager window, search for "Network Connection Flow" and click on End task to move to the next step of installation.

6. NatalieS3

NatalieS3

Best Answer
    I have this exact issue and have followed the steps above but all it does it tell me I have now lost my internet connection and requests that I reconnect. My Mac is currently connected to the internet, I have tried both wifi and network cable but the installation progress will not move passed this screen

7. Adarsh Jeetun

Adarsh Jeetun Staff Member

Hello @NatalieS3 ,

Kindly perform the below steps to solve the issue:
    1. On the "Let's connect you to a network" page, use the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut. You may click on keyboard sign from the top of the virtual machine window to access this function. If ever you cannot find the Shift + F10 function, please right-click on the Parallels Desktop icon from the bottom dock > click on Preferences > Shortcuts > Keyboard Menu > Click on the + Sign below on the right side > Select Shift and from the drop down menu select F10 and press OK to save this function.
    2. In Command Prompt, type the OOBE\BYPASSNRO command to bypass network requirements on Windows 11 and press Enter.
    3. The computer will restart automatically, and the out-of-box experience (OOBE) will start again.
    4. Click the "I don't have internet" option.
    5. Click the "Continue with limited setup" option and continue with the installation.

Thank you!