windows opens up too much

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rlcb, Jul 14, 2007.

1. rlcb

rlcb Bit poster

I upgraded to 3.0 because I thought it would be better, but not true so far. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

I want to mainly work in the mac OS. I need to use windows for a couple of things because my work has our e-mail and webpages set up to work better with internet explorer. Since I upgraded to 3.0, every time I want to open up something in the mac os, like word or excel, it seems the "default" is to open everything in windows with internet explorer. How do I set up so I only open windows when I intend to? Should I go back to the older version of parallels? I hate to waste the money I spent on 3.0, plus so far I can't find my activation key for the old version.

thanks for any words of advice.

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

For starters, I suggest that you read this article in the KnowledgeBase

Personally, I only have Word and Excel installed on the Mac side, so I don't have a lot of personal experience to share. If you still need help after reading the article, come back and chances are someone can help.

3. rlcb

rlcb Bit poster

I think I've got it figured out

Thanks for refering me to that article. I figured out that if I do a "reset windows applications" when explorer is open then things seem to go back to normal. I had done that before but it didn't last... I guess I just have to do that each time I open up explorer.

4. rlcb

rlcb Bit poster

Just tried using the smartselect as in the article...that seems to take care of the issue, thanks!