Windows - Position 'Favorites & Recent' above 'Library' when taskbar is at top of desktop

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by StephenP13, Mar 29, 2021.

1. StephenP13

StephenP13 Bit poster

On Windows the 'Favorites & Recent' panel always appears at the bottom of the Parallels Toolbox slide-over window. This makes sense - most Windows users leave the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop where Microsoft places it by default.

However, when the Windows Taskbar is positioned at the top of the desktop (where it should be, dammit! :) the "Favorites & Recent" panel is no longer close to the Parallels Toolbox system tray icon. Not a big deal, of course, but in this case it would be easier to use if it was at the top instead of at the bottom.

Cheers,
    Steve

P.S. IMHO - Put the taskbar at the top, install Classic Shell, create custom toolbars to organize your stuff ... now that's a Windows desktop that just plain works better.

2. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Check out the new Parallels Toolbox 4.5 UI with a resizable window and let us know if this works better for you?

3. StephenP13

StephenP13 Bit poster

Hey Alex, Thanks for pointing me at Toolbox 4.5 ... I was quite out-of-date and there are a lot of interesting new tools.
    Unfortunately, the resizable window doesn't help in my situation.
    The Toolbox 4.5 UI is anchored near the bottom of the screen, directly above where the taskbar commonly is located, and extends upward.
    I position the taskbar at the top of the screen it would be more natural for the Toolbox UI to be anchored near the top of the screen, directly below the taskbar, and extend downward as far as the user prefers.
    I've played with the new UI for a short time and, aside from my specific minor gripe with the positioning, it looks very clean and well thought out. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for considering my suggestion and getting back to me so soon.
    Cheers,
    Steve