Windows Product Key

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by belizegal, Mar 12, 2007.

1. belizegal

belizegal Bit poster

Ok, call me stupid....
    Where do I find my Windows product key?
    Its asking for it when I download Parallels.
    I found one.....
    Why does it ask for a product key? Does it matter that the product key I have is off of one of my OLD Dells? Its Windows XP Home from 2002.

belizegal:confused:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. Ynot

Ynot Pro

To install Windows inside Parallels you should enter valid Windows product key. For windows Parallels like a real computer, so as real computer Windows needs product key.

You can find it on you Windows box if you bought box version or from disk with your computer. But carefully read license agreement, may be you can't install more Windows copies.

3. belizegal

belizegal Bit poster

Networking with Parrallels

Ok, one more question.
    I got the product key problem all worked out. Thank you!
    I have Parallels running, everything seems to be going just right except that I can't seem to get onto my exsisting network. Is this even possible via Parallels?
    I went through the steps but when I go to view my network workgroup computers only my vitrual computer is on it.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    belizegal

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Network access from a guest OS works fine. It's a little complex to set up, but in essence, if your Mac can access the network, and you select shared networking, and install Parallels tools in your guest, it should just work.

That's the short explanation. the long explanation is a 200 page book that I'm not prepared to write at the moment.