Windows TaskBar top of screen?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kehrer, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kehrer

kehrer Bit poster

Config:
    MBP 2.33GHz 2GB 10.4.10
    15" LCD on MBP (under) + 30" Cinema Display (over w/ menu bar)
    Parallels 3.0 Build 4128 w/ Windows XP SP2

Problem:
    Recently upgraded to 3.0. Somehow my Windows taskbar has been moved to the top of my Cinema Display just under the Apple menu bar. Nothing I can do in Windows or in Parallels can get it back to the bottom of the Cinema Display.

It is entirely possible that I am overlooking some config option somewhere.

Can anyone help?

-Robert

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

It's just like drag and drop on mac. Left klik on taskbar and drag it down.

3. kehrer

kehrer Bit poster

No good :-(

I tried clicking and dragging and ctrl-clicking and dragging. neither work. My Start menu and grey bar remain at the top.

There may be a special place on the bar I need to click - if so I sure didn't find any mention of it Googling around.

I haven't been able to find the setting/preference in XP where I explicitly tell Windows I want it on the bottom. I figure there must be one somewhere buried in all that mess.

-Robert

4. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Right-click on the taskbar and make sure "Lock the Taskbar" is unchecked. Once you have moved the taskbar you can lock it again.

5. kehrer

kehrer Bit poster

Fixed

Thanks for all your help. I figured it out.

Apparently I was expecting it to be more user responsive than it was. I was clicking and dragging my heart out without the bar moving one whit. Only when I happened to drag, accidently, toward one edge did it pop over to the edge. I then figured out that if I drag all the way to the bottom, while the bar wouldn't follow my mouse, it would eventually pop down there as well.

Funny how on the Mac and iPhone we get accustomed to instantaneous computer feedback and how things feel broke if the computer doesn't let you know that it is actually paying attention to what you are trying to tell it.

-Robert