Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low

Olaf Meding

Junior Member
Get the message when I start my Windows 2000 VM even before I log in (see attached picture). Recently converted from Parallels 3 to 4 and never saw this message before. The VM configuration is set to 1024 MB main memory.

MacPro Early 2008, Mac OSX 10.5.7, 4 GB Ram, 2 super drives, Paralles 4.0 (3844).

Any help as to what the problem might be and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Olaf
 

Attachments

  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 8
I still don't get it. Both links seem to talk about Windows XP. I am using Window 2000 and my page file settings are 50 MB initial size and 768 maximum size. When I look at my paging file in the root directory of the c: drive I see:
52,428,800 pagefile.sys
 
The KB article step 4 says:

4. Enable the virtual memory preallocation check box.

But there is no check box.
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2009-09-16 at 10.41.39 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-09-16 at 10.41.39 AM.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top