Windows Vista 64bit in 3.0 on a 2 GHz Core 2 Duo iMac??

neuronaut

Bit poster
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so please accept my apologies if this question has already been answered or is inappropriate for this category...

I am trying to install a copy of Windows Vista on my Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz iMac using Parallels Desktop 2. When the Virtual Machine is booting up the Windows installer it gives me an error complaining about the fact that the CPU cannot run in 64bit mode on this machine. I have read elsewhere in this forum that this is how it is supposed to be ( http://forum.parallels.com/thread6584.html ) and that version 3 of the emulator will fix this.

So I downloaded the version 3 demo a few hours ago hoping that I would be able to install Vista on my iMac (and I would be happy to pay for the upgrade if it works), but unfortunately I am still getting the same error message. So, is this a known problem? Is there any way to run Vista on a Core 2 Duo iMac in 10.4.10? Is version 3 without 64bit support?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Stephan
 
I am pretty sure that 3.0 is without 64-bit support... I don't know if Parallels actually ever officially announced support either.
 
Back
Top