Hi,
I upgraded from Parallels 3 to 4 and ever since then the VM can't see the network. It just sits endlessly with the message "acquiring network address" and never connects. Before the upgrade it was a bridged connection. When it upgraded, it tried to got to shared networking by default and messed something up I think. I went to preferences and reset network defaults. I used the command "netsh winsock reset" in windows from command line. I can't go back to bridged networking until IT can remember which IP they gave me for bridged. I'd like to do shared networking if possible now. What further troubleshooting measures should I take?
I installed parallels on an identical machine except that in parallels 3 it was shared networking to start and when it upgraded to 4 it worked fine. I feel sure that something got corrupted in upgrading the VM from a bridged networking set-up to a shared networking. Thanks for any help.
I upgraded from Parallels 3 to 4 and ever since then the VM can't see the network. It just sits endlessly with the message "acquiring network address" and never connects. Before the upgrade it was a bridged connection. When it upgraded, it tried to got to shared networking by default and messed something up I think. I went to preferences and reset network defaults. I used the command "netsh winsock reset" in windows from command line. I can't go back to bridged networking until IT can remember which IP they gave me for bridged. I'd like to do shared networking if possible now. What further troubleshooting measures should I take?
I installed parallels on an identical machine except that in parallels 3 it was shared networking to start and when it upgraded to 4 it worked fine. I feel sure that something got corrupted in upgrading the VM from a bridged networking set-up to a shared networking. Thanks for any help.