Windows VM - Parallels keeps opening weblinks in Safari despite VM is isolated...

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by howaldoliver, Jul 25, 2020.

1. howaldoliver

howaldoliver Bit Poster

Hello everybody,

I'm using Parallels 15 and suffer from the problem described in the title. Despite having my Windows VM isolated and disabled every sharing function, Parallels Desktop keeps opening Windows weblinks in Safari.

Guest System:
    - Windows 10 2004
    - Parallels Tools installed an up to date

Host System:
    - macOS 10.15.6 Catalina
    - Parallels Desktop 15 up to date

Reinstalling Parallels Desktop didn't help (it is a Mac I set up from scratch two weeks before anyway...).
    My default browser in macOS settings is Safari, but Parallels mustn't care with an isolated VM.

I also tried disabling the isolation, setting the option to "open in Windows" in the Web & Mail preferences panel and then turning the isolation back on again. This didn't help either.

Anybody else?

Any ideas how to fix that? This is a serious security issue, I often use VMs to check potentially fraudulent links.

2. howaldoliver

howaldoliver Bit Poster

By the way: Parallels Desktop 15 has full disk access and is registered as a developer tool in the macOS Security preference panel, which allows it to execute scripts and save files to everywhere.