Windows will not pop to the front or top on a mouse click in Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CristianL, Jul 26, 2012.

1. JeroenS

JeroenS Bit poster

Problem in PD8

I also have this problem in PD8 and therefor I created ticket #1572804

2. reedmj

reedmj Member

report id 21676463

3. Russell Sharpe

Russell Sharpe Junior Member

I have reported this as an issue on version 8 and many others have too. It is definitely an issue on version 8 with Windows 7 or 8 on ML

4. Richard3

Richard3 Member

Do what about older versions? I have Parallels 8 and a June 2012 MacBook Pro. Matter of fact I bought Parallels 7 when I got my MacBook Pro then when I went to Lion I was forced to buy Parallels 8 (which I thought was a bit unfair but that's a different issue).

So how do you gather information for a ticket and you are in Coherence Mode - I do not see the report problem option.

My problems are: I get Windows 7 application that will not pop up in front and/or I cannot type in a Windows app that is right in front of me. For example, say I am working on a email and I go to another app/window to get information. Then I go back to the email I cannot type until I minimize just about every window open (both Mac and Windows apps). Sometimes I just exit out of Coherence Mode.

- Parallels does say I have the most current version.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. AVchemE

AVchemE Member

Same issue. Any update?

6. Richard3

Richard3 Member

I have seen three of your posts Andrew and they are pretty lame but this one takes the cake "certainly some custom misconfiguration"!

So you are certain?

If buying a MacBook Pro in June 2012, buying Parallels 7 for Windows 7, then updating to Lion, then being forced to update (and pay) for Parallels 8 then ok, I guess the "Custom Misconfiguration" was buying your POS Parallels software! You schmuck :-/

I do a apologize if I appear to be angry but I've lived with this problem since day 1 of Parallels 8 upgrade from 7 and Parallels staff is saying there is no problem with the software but only with your "custom misconfiguration".

7. AVchemE

AVchemE Member

I have opened issue 21842111

8. Richard3

Richard3 Member

ID 21847053

finally figured out the "Alt" key then click the || icon.

9. AVchemE

AVchemE Member

Richard, what do you mean "finally figured out the 'Alt' key then click the || icon"?

10. Richard3

Richard3 Member

To gather a snap shot and then to get a report ID while in coherence mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  11. Richard3

Richard3 Member

21875520 new report - FYI after I click to create this report I am able to go straight back to the problem window that will not let me type. The Windows respond to mouse clicks but not keyboard input.

12. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, this is the ticket number, but I need the report ID which is a bit different. Please reproduce the issue and click on Help > Report a Problem at the top right after that. It will show the ID, please post it here.

13. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Richard,

The whole confusion of this thread is that it was initially created for Parallels Desktop 7 only. I recently discovered that some of the users actually experience the same issue on version 8, which should not be the issue there. That's why I'm asking to send all these problem reports - there more I have, the faster I can get the fix/workaround/resolution from devs. Thank you for understanding. I'll do my best to help you guys. Keep posting your problem report IDs, they are very helpful!

14. Richard3

Richard3 Member

Thank you - here is a new one. Before my reports were due to "windows window not taking keyboard inputs". This one is a Windows Window that is the forward window but I cannot do anything with it. As I click on the forward window, I can just see the window behind it re-act (I see cells/rolls get selected highlighted).

Ok, since the background window was bigger I ended up minimizing it. When I did that, it went down and bounced right backup. once I did that I was able to bring forward the other non-responding window and control it. I have seen this a few times, when minimizing when having control problems the window windows pop down and right back up without me clicking them back up. Kind of hard to explain...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  15. Richard3

Richard3 Member

any luck with the new Problem IDs?!?!

16. reedmj

reedmj Member

17. Richard3

Richard3 Member

This is what I find funny from that thread you shared.

Great, so now it seems we have to wait for Apple? Might as well just buy a Windows Laptop.

18. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Any news on this issue?

Although the KB article associated with this problem was reviewed yesterday, no new information or solution is forthcoming.

19. GWitek

GWitek Bit poster

Andrew, I am long time Parallels user. I am now running both a Mac Pro Lion (+Win 7) and MacBook Pro Mountain Lion (+Win 8) - two quite different environments. This exact problem appeared suddenly on BOTH machines when Parallels 8 was installed on both. It happens intermittently, but happens almost every day. It sounds like you are taking it seriously so I am willing to put in some time debugging. Can you please spoon-feed me what "reports" you want? I will carefully collect same.

20. Leon_Vie

Leon_Vie Bit poster

The best solution :) Bye Parallels...