Windows XP activation issues (multiple installations)...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MacCentris, Apr 19, 2022.

1. MacCentris

MacCentris Bit poster

Hello guys, I'm new to parallels.

I will start by saying the installation to Windows 10 was flawless and I'm really happy. However, my problems began when I tried installing Windows XP and the fact that no key in this world appears to work. I tried my own key from an HP desktop minitower that is deceased. When that didn't work of course I sorted to trying other options, tried another key from a neighbor laptop, tried hundreds of keys from the web, tried installing other versions of Windows XP, even tried the Spanish version thinking "if all else fails hey, I can always speak Spanish"! Nope, not happening. I have to sort to the obvious, something isn't working at all. Can someone shed some light? I was tempted to call Microsoft to ask them if they could sell me a key! What else to do, this isn't working!

I appreciate it, thanks. Running latest parallels with Mojave on Mac mini 3Ghz.

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello LilianaV, please contact the Microsoft support team to activate the Windows XP and to get the activation key. Thanks.

3. MacCentris

MacCentris Bit poster

Will do, had no idea they could supply keys after they ended support a long time ago. TBH they should have a page to purchase old OS keys, somewhere in the world there is someone using an OS that existed 20 years ago, and people should be allowed to do it legally.