Windows XP Activation Problem -- Unique (I think)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PeterP, May 8, 2007.

1. PeterP

PeterP Member

Hello,

I know there are many, many posts about Windows Activation. However, I can't find this issue anywhere.

MacBook Pro 2GHz, 2GB Mem. Parallels 3188, Windows XP Pro SP2 -- fully patched.

I changed the networking configuration for Parallels, following which XP is now asking for reactivation. This isn't a particular problem -- except the activation window is blank as is the webpage for Microsoft. Please see the attached screen prints.

Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, has a resolution been found?

Thank you,

Peter.

Attached Files:

2. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

PeterP,

By the looks of Windows activation window - you may have images disabled in IE. Go to "Start" - Control Panel" - "Internet Options" - "Advanced" tab - "Multimedia" section and make sure that "Show Pictures" option is checked.
    Also please make sure that you have network connectivity in Windows after the network re-configuration.

3. PeterP

PeterP Member

Hello Spectre,

Thanks for the reply. I double checked the settings you indicated, and they are already set as identified. Please see the new batch of screen prints showing the Internet Settings, Active Connection, a current Web Site, etc. There are some further screen prints in the following post.

Also, I posted a different problem "http://forums.parallels.com/thread11246.html" a few days ago relating to Javascripting. One of the symptoms of this issue was that active MS pages -- such as the check for updates page -- weren't working. This previous issue actually seems like a similar problem to the current one. As the previous problem appeared to start after installing IE7, I had reverted to IE6. Maybe that was a red-herring.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  4. PeterP

PeterP Member

Additional screen prints ...

Attached Files: