Windows XP missing after Kernel Panic

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mrdalej, Oct 6, 2006.

1. mrdalej

mrdalej Member

About 1 week ago I installed Parallels and it failed immediately and I posted here and a link for a patch for the new Intel iMacs and Mac Pros was supplied and after I installed it I was able to install WinXP Pro with no problem.

Here is my BIG Problem. Yesterday while working in Windows I had a Kernel Panic and after I restarted I get a message saying something to the effect there are no startup devices?

HELP help help PLEASE......

TIA

dale j

2. mrdalej

mrdalej Member

Is there any kind of FIX Utility?

After calling my local Windows Guru he asked if there was any kind of FIX Utility?

Next question here. I did a total backup using Super Duper Wednesday so does Super Duper copy everything in Parallels also? Please say yes.....

3. mrdalej

mrdalej Member

Since I have a backup????

Since I have a total System Back-Up is there a short list of Parallels pieces and parts I could copy back to the Intel iMac?:)

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

You should be able to run parallels-config again, and copy back in the ".hdd" file to it's original location. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

5. joem

joem Forum Maven

Yes, if you back up a partition, SuperDuper copies everything on the partition exept certain Apple files that Apple says don't need copying such as virtual memory swap files that are automatically recreated at next boot.

You are lookig for the directory (folder) that contains your Parallels .hdd file(s).