C carbon Bit poster Feb 4, 2013 #1 I'm trying to migrate an old Windows 95 PC The PC does not have ethernet or USB ports, so Parallels Transporter is not an option. Is there a way to migrate the installation by connecting the internal HDD to another computer?
I'm trying to migrate an old Windows 95 PC The PC does not have ethernet or USB ports, so Parallels Transporter is not an option. Is there a way to migrate the installation by connecting the internal HDD to another computer?
L LinuxA Bit poster Feb 4, 2013 #2 Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
L LinuxA Bit poster Feb 4, 2013 #3 Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
C carbon Bit poster Feb 4, 2013 #4 Solved! I've made a '.dmg' file of the HDD using 'dd'. btw Disk Utility didn't work because the HDD contained a few bad blocks. Parallels recognized the image file after changing the '.dmg' extension to '.hdd'
Solved! I've made a '.dmg' file of the HDD using 'dd'. btw Disk Utility didn't work because the HDD contained a few bad blocks. Parallels recognized the image file after changing the '.dmg' extension to '.hdd'