Won't Connect to the Internet

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JezS, Nov 29, 2010.

1. JezS

JezS Bit poster

Greetings!
    I am running Mac OS X 10.6.4, my internet is wireless broadband.
    Everything works smoothly on the Mac side.
    I installed Parallels (trial version) and subsequently installed Windows XP Media Center Edition onto the parallels.
    During the windows installation, I was told that I needed a Service Pack 2 disk, which i do not have, was able to bypass that and continue installation. I figured that since SP2 was basically an update pack, I could download and install it later.

Windows is operational, though when I try to open Internet Explore, it asks what program I'd like to use to open that file. Since it's an executable file... I'm confused. I tried opening MSN Messenger just to see if internet is working, and there is no internet connection available, control panel will not allow me to configure a network connection, it says that it should already be connected.

I have a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition "updates for Version 2005" CD, though when I run the CD, after it extracts some files, it gives the error "This application has failed to start because SRCLIENT.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Any information as to how I can get this running smoothly would be greatly appreciated. Any further information you may need to assist in the fix, just let me know! thank you for you help!