Working fine, now quitting on launch

djaneb

Junior Member
Hello

I have been successfully running MacOSX 10.6.1 with Parallels 4 for a month or so on both MacBook and iMac.

I shut down WinXP within Parallels on the iMac, then closed Parallels, then shut down the Mac. When I restarted and tried to start Parallels I get the MacOSX crash report that "Parallels Desktop quit unexectedly".

Other threads on the forum are for older versions or failed installations. This was working perfectly.

I have Repaired Disk Permissions, restarted etc etc. It is still running just fine on the Macbook and Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Deb
 
I still can't use Parallels at all the iMac because it crashes on launch.

I have visited troubleshooting and carried out the suggestion in terminal.

The version of Parallels is 4 on Snow Leopard. I went to put in a support ticket but apparently you need a support contract.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Deb
 
Hello

Further to above I created another user on my iMac and Parallels does not crash on the that user.

So does anyone know what file (I suppose a preference file or something) that I have to delete or edit to get around this?

Many thanks

Deb
 
Back
Top