Would Parallels be best for me vs. bootcamp?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by greyhoundrick, Jan 29, 2014.

1. greyhoundrick

greyhoundrick Bit poster

Hello,

I use my Mac computers primarily for Photoshop use but will now need to use one of them for QuickBooks Accounting Software. The QuickBooks will require a Windows platform in the situation i will be using it in.

I will be doing QuickBooks for a few hours everyday and then returning to Photoshop in OSX. I will not be using the two simultaneously and will be doing printing as well from the QuickBooks program.

Do you think i would be better off going with Parallels or with using Bootcamp?

Thanks so much for your help as i appreciate your expertise!

best to you,

rick

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi greyhoundrick,

You can work simultaneously with Mac and Windows if you are using Parallels Desktop.

If you are using Windows on Bootcamp, you have to restart the Mac every time in order to switch between Mac OS and Windows OS.

Through Parallels Desktop you can share files between Windows and Mac but this feature is not available through Bootcamp OS.
    For example, you when you work in Parallels Desktop VM, you'll be able to save your Quick-books files on the Mac side and open them on Windows with no reboots at all.

Hope it gives you a clear idea on selecting the best option.

Thanks,
    Abdul