Wrong channels with surround sound

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RandalM1, Apr 30, 2023.

1. RandalM1

RandalM1 Bit poster

I am running Windows 11 and Parallels 18 on a MacBook Pro with an M1 Max CPU. 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound channels come out of the wrong speakers in Windows 11 - for example, the left side surround sound is swapped with the left rear surround sound, and vice versa. Similarly, the subwoofer sound comes out of the center speaker, although I don't hear the center channel coming out of any speaker. I am connecting my MacBook to an Onkyo TX-SR604 receiver via HDMI. My speakers are physically wired correctly, and sounds come out of the correct speakers under MacOS when playing a movie or using the Audio MIDI Setup utility. Sounds also come out of the correct speakers when hooking up a Dell laptop via HDMI. Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so, do you have a solution? While MacOS' Audio MIDI Setup utility allows remapping audio channels to different speakers, this does not affect channel output in Windows 11 or Parallels, and I see no way to do this directly in Windows 11 or Parallels. Thank you very much.