xbox 360 causes host crash...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WalyBman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. WalyBman

WalyBman Bit poster

Okay, I picked up parallels to mainly support gaming on my MBP(late 2011 15' quad core i7 16 gigs of ram). I have windows 7 ultimate installed as bootcamp, and that bootcamp running as my guess os in parallels. I have the latest updates(osx, win7, and parallels). Whenever I plug my wired 360 controller into my mbp, it asks which os i want to assign it to. If I choose win7, a "screen" (darkening effect) scrolls down over my screen, looking up osx, and telling me to effectively hard reboot my computer. if I choose osx, and then use the device option to assign it to win7, it does the same thing. Sometimes it makes horrible beeping sounds as well, but only sometimes. A couple of weeks ago, this all worked just fine. I didn't change anything, other than updates to parallels. Any ideas?

2. usually after a host crash with Parallels Desktop running you receive a notification that problem report is collected. Could you submit it to Parallels and send un a number?

Thank you in advance and sorry for inconvenience.

3. danb74

danb74 Bit poster

I am having the same issues. When ever i wanted to connect my Controlller Joypad ( XBOX) it crashes my VM. Any fix would be appreciated.