Parallelism
Bit poster
I've got Ubuntu and XP VMs that I just copied from a backup to my fresh 10.6.6 install on the same hardware (MBP) and just used Parallel 6's "open" function. It seems to have worked because they run, but I can't save any new VM options because the path to the VM has changed. So there could be other problems related to this. It raised a flag about using the same MAC address, and being the same hardware I chose "Copied".
On my old system it was: "~/Users/FullName/Documents/Parallels/..."
Now it's: "~Users/NickName/Documents/Parallels/..."
I changed my user name in the new install to make typing paths shorter. So questions:
1. Did I not use the correct procedure to transfer the VMs?
2. Is there a way to change the obviously hard-coded installation path?
Thanks.
On my old system it was: "~/Users/FullName/Documents/Parallels/..."
Now it's: "~Users/NickName/Documents/Parallels/..."
I changed my user name in the new install to make typing paths shorter. So questions:
1. Did I not use the correct procedure to transfer the VMs?
2. Is there a way to change the obviously hard-coded installation path?
Thanks.