XP Activation Problem using Transporter

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by mdeniken@browninc.com, May 8, 2007.

1. mdeniken@browninc.com

mdeniken@browninc.com Bit poster

OK, I used transporter to migrate the data from a Dell tower into Parallels... this seems to have worked perfectly. The problem I am having is activation.

I assumed I would have a problem migrating an OEM copy of windows that came with the Dell so I bought a retail box of Windows XP Pro and tried to use that Product ID to activate Windows that I just migrated... but it won't work. Says I mistyped or something, I've tried to call MS but have been disconnected twice from their tech support in India.

Is there anyway to do a repair install of windows under parallels to fix the activation? Any assistance would be great!

2. vdhoopati

vdhoopati Bit poster

Just choose to activate over the phone. That generates a bunch of numbers. Call the microsoft telephone number given in the activation window! You may get automated prompts lead to live technician. you may have to give these numbers from the activation window for them to activate your copy of windows! Good luck!