XP doesn't recognize USB items

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nathanspap, Dec 14, 2007.

1. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

When I switch over from Tiger to XP the computer doesn't recognize that my printer (Canon Pixma ip3000) and a flashdrive are plugged into USB ports. Before switching I have to eject the drive and unplug it and the printer. When I plug the drive in, Parallels asks if I want the device to be automatically connected to the virtual machine. I always click "Yes", but then the next time I go to XP, if I don't unplug and replug, XP thinks the printer is offline and doesn't see the flashdrive. What can I do? Thanks.

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

When you switch to xp go to devices (on top off your desktop) and then to usb, click on the printer. Thats it.......

3. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

I'm so sorry, but I'm not following you. There is no "Devices" on my desk top. On an icon labeled "Parallels Shared Folders", and the usual "My Comnputer", My Documents", "Internet Explorer", "Outlook Express". etc. Under "My Computer"a there is only the Harddrive, DVD Drive, and - strangely - a nonexistent Floppy Drive.

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

I mean in the menu bar off mac os (on top)

Fist you have the apple design and then Parallels Desktop.......

5. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

OK, I have it now. Thanks a lot. I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back to this before now, but with the holiday preparation and then the holidays also ......