XP Image transfer to another mac

Homer MG

Bit poster
Hi all,

i would like to tansfer my xp image from my mac to another mac.
I would like to know what is the best way?
Can somebody help me with this?

I have:
Parallels Desktop 4 for MAc

thanks in advance
 
1. Just copy the corresponding VM folder (e.g. /Users/myusername/Documents/Parallels/Windows XP) to the equivalent Parallels folder in the second Mac.

2. If it's also a Bootcamp partition use Winclone (Google is your friend) also to clone the Windows partition.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much.

But what do you mean with Bootcamp partition? I only install Parallels and after that the XP in Parallels.
 
If you never heard about bootcamp than you're most likely not using it, bootcamp is a OSX tool that allows dual booting (when you turn on your computer you can choose which OS to start) Windows and OSX, Parallels has the ability to use it as a virtual machine.
 
Back
Top