XP Installation Problem with Parallels 4

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by bi11, Feb 5, 2009.

1. bi11

bi11 Hunter

I am trying to install/create a new XP session with Parallels 4, but have run into a problem. The installation seems to run in a fully automated way, rather than a interactive manner as one would have sitting at a real piece of hardware. This used to work with version 3 of Parallels. Instead now the XP installation does not ask to setup XP or ask to press F8 to accept the license, etc. XP install just churns through the whole process, until the final stages where XP ask for the license key to be input. How do I get Parallels 4 to allow the XP install to behave the old way? I have a screen cap of Parallels 4 install and what the same install looks like under Virtual Box, at the point where Parallels deviates.

Attached Files:

2. kreatre2009

kreatre2009 Bit poster

Why do you want it to do this? Are you just anxious to accept the Windows XP license? I'm guessing that Parallels skips this step because it's pretty much useless and does not in any way contribute to the proper install of Windows. On a "real" computer, this area is useful for formatting the drive. However, that is not something that you need to do when you install Windows into Parallels.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Just select custom install