XP Installation taking forever

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Janiek, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Janiek

Janiek Bit poster

I am in the process of installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 onto my iMac 10.4.10, having already installed the new Parallels 3.0. So far, it's been about two hours that the Windows XP has been installing. Is this unusual? I noticed in the instructions that it would take about an hour, so I'm wondering if two hours indicates a problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Janiek

2. Janiek

Janiek Bit poster

It's now been over three hours that the XP has been installing. I'd like to start over again, but I can't eject the CD, nor can I figure out how to stop the installation by some other means. Help, please!

Janiek

3. Janiek

Janiek Bit poster

By the way, there's a box that's been on the screen forever as well which is headed "Files Needed". Then it says, "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD is needed.

Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

Copy files from:
    D:\l386"

This is the entire message. I can't do anything to it; it is inactive most of the time, but occasionally the "D:\l386" portion will become active, but only for a second or two.

Hope this helps to explain the situation more clearly.

Janiek

4. Janiek

Janiek Bit poster

Problem solved. I was able to stop the installation and just started it again. This time it worked!