XP Pro SOS(Single Sign On) when logging into MAC on Domain

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Thomas Reddin, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Thomas Reddin

Thomas Reddin Bit poster

We are going to start getting several MAC's for our district, my question is when we add them to the windows domain and login with domain users,(which is working fine) we want it to start the XP instance up within parallels and log that user into windows when it comes into OSX. Any ideas on this and also I know you can make parallels start up automatically. But can you make it start up automatically with a domain user that has not logged into the comptuer before, and also auto start the guest OS without have to set it up each time within that users interface...from the Login Options...this way will save us Techs some time. Iknow possible we can do some of this with scripting but I am new to MAC and any help here would be great. We are using PD4 build 3810 currently.

2. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Thomas Reddin,

To get the virtual machine started as soon as you boot, you would need to do several things:

1) Get Parallels Desktop to auto-start at boot, through System Preferences.
    2) Get the virtual machine to start at Parallels Desktop startup, via Configuration Editor (Start and Shutdown options tab).
    3) Write a command delaying logon in the logon script, to be sure that all Parallels Desktop services load. The delay time will depend a lot on the machine, so I cannot tell you exactly how much.

On how to get Windows to start logging in with certain user by default, you should consult Microsoft knowledge bases/support.

3. Thomas Reddin

Thomas Reddin Bit poster

OkI got #2, but I am not able to find #1 in system preferences, do you mean in the MAC system preferences, or the Parallels Preferences, I have checked both, I want the Parallels starting under a system start not attach to just one user...as in the settings in login items.for a single user, these Macs will be on the LAN and no way of really getting one certain person to use it...but many...#3 I can do, but just want to make sure on the first one...