XP to Sharepoint via CISCO VPN

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by SusanM, Nov 12, 2009.

1. SusanM

SusanM

I have Parallels with XP & Office 2007 running on my mac. I I am trying to upload an Access dB table to an external Sharepoint site. I am using a CISCO VPN client to connect to the host site, and Parallels networking is set up in Bridge mode. I have 2 issues:
    (1) I cannot connect to the Sharepoint site via Firefox or IE from the XP/Parallels system. The error message says that the site cannot be found. I *can* log into the Sharepoint site using Firefox and the CISCO VPN on the Mac side, so I know password, etc. are correct and the site is reachable.
    (2) I cannot upload an Access 2007 table to the Sharepoint site via XP in Parallels, even if I am logged into the site on the mac side and have a separate VPN connection established on the XP side. The error message says that the site cannot be found.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Developers

If you are running Parallels Desktop 5.0, then switching to the Shared Networking should make the trick and Windows will see Cisco VPN connection established in Mac.

If you are running Parallels Desktop 4.0, then the easiest way is to continue use Bridged and install Cisco VPN client in Windows-side and connect to VPN from Windows (of course it will also work for Parallels Desktop 5)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009