XP Won't start after Disabling Administrator Account

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FrancisM, Feb 14, 2010.

1. FrancisM

FrancisM Bit poster

I have been trying PD V and preparing to buy. (I've tried bootcamp and VMware with various levels of success). I installed the trial on my MBP 2.2M 4GBRam machine. I created a new clean VM from my XP Pro SP2 disc. I did all updates and things were moving along nicely. As I want this VM to connect to our office server environment, I added another user account and enabled passwords for Administrator and the (new) account. Both account worked smoothly and I installed a few software items. All worked well.

PD kept insisting on starting into the Administrator account without asking for a password. If I logged off and tried to login again, then it would present the classis logon screen and ask for the password (for my new account). I tried several things and finally went into administrator tools and disabled the administrator account. I closed down the VM and quite PD.

Now I can't get PD to start the Windoze XP machine at all. I'm imagining it was a bad idea to disable the administrator account, but I can't get into anything on the VM so I can't re-enable it. Is there anyway to fix this??

Should I just delete the entire VM and start over?? (not that big of a deal at this point)... if so, HOW do I delete the VM cleanly?? Thanks guys.

FM