Yosemite 10.10.3 update causing freezes with Parallels 9

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KellyV, Apr 28, 2015.

1. KellyV

KellyV Bit poster

Since updating Yosemite to the latest 10.10.3, I am getting regular hard locks while running Parallels 9. It's only happening when Parallels 9 is running.

I'm running a Windows 7 guest off a bootcamp partition. I'm also running a dual monitor display on my 13" MacBook Air, and I run Parallels in fullscreen.

Parallels support asked for logs and then told me to basically wait and see if they ever fix it (Really?). Since Parallels 10 is out, I'm left wondering if they'll actually fix this compatibility issue with 9 (which is supposed to be compatible with Yosemite) or if they are just going to leave me hanging (pun intended).

Is anyone else having this? Any ideas what might be causing it?

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. KellyV

KellyV Bit poster

I am trying this today. I will come back with results if/when it crashes or in a couple of days if it does not.

4. KellyV

KellyV Bit poster

and it crashed again. So, this did NOT fix the problem.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello KellyV,
    Please generate a Problem Report Id using the Knowledge Base article http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the Problem Report Id so that we can help you better.

6. KellyV

KellyV Bit poster

If you read my original post, you would see that I already have gone through that process. I got elevated to the engineer level, and then I was basically dropped and told it might get fixed but probably not. I was lead to believe you guys would support (compatibility wise) Parallels 9 on Yosemite. What I'm seeing from you guys is convincing me to NEVER buy a Parallels product again (I was planning to buy 11 when whatever the next OS X is comes out). Frankly, your product is not worth $50 or more a year to me. Two years? Sure, but not every year. As it stands, if you guys don't fix this soon, I won't ever buy again, and I'll be sure to to never recommend you either.