"You do not have access rights to \\Mac\Home"...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GabrielS9, Aug 1, 2021.

1. GabrielS9

GabrielS9 Bit poster

I've installed the latest Parallels 16 on an M1 iMac. I've installed Windows 10 ARM. I've installed the latest AutoCAD 2022. Everything is fully authorized with proper licenses.

In AutoCAD, I get the error message "You do not have access rights to \\Mac\Home"... when trying to do certain things. An example would be, trying to create a pdf with AutoCAD and save it. No go.

Any thoughts on how to get around this pesky problem?

Thanks.

2. PhilipM9

PhilipM9 Bit poster

I have just upgraded from V16 to V17, and get the same error when starting a previously functioning Win10 VM. I have tried the suggestion to re-install Parallels Tools without success.
    At the moment this prevents all MS applications from working properly, and really need this fixed to be able to do my work properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

3. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you collect the technical report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

4. PhilipM9

PhilipM9 Bit poster

I gave-up trying to fix the problem, and installed a new Win10 VM from scratch. A slow task, but much faster than waiting for any technical support.

5. Federico10

Federico10 Junior Member

I read online that one way to fix the problem is to uncheck under option -> sharing->sharing folder with windows. This way Autocad can make the print pdf. But you have to manually move the file created from windows to your Mac folder.
    I still search for a solution because when working have to remember every time you print to move the file to the correct folder on Mac drive is more work to do.

Do you fix the problem with a fresh install of parallels?

6. Federico10

Federico10 Junior Member

So with the tecn support we found a workaround. Instead of using the mapped folder (ie documents, download etc) use the network mapped drive with the folder you choose. Example : I mapped the documents, desktop, download folder to X:, Y:, Z: drive. Under Autocad this drive appears like disconnected but if you click on them it works. You can open, save and print to pdf using this folder mapped on network drive. I don't know what but works.

Ahm’dO likes this.
  7. Ahm’dO

Ahm’dO Bit poster

i had similar problem. this workaround fixed it like a charm. thanks alot!

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we are glad to hear you issue has been fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, thank you for sharing your workaround steps here.

10. matt35

matt35 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same issue as everyone on this thread. I have tried to use the network mapped drive fix, however I still get the same message. I would like to xref cad files, and am unable to. I would also like to pdf, however need to xref to be able to pdf. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you