you have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous version

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Igor Moreira, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Igor Moreira

Igor Moreira Bit poster

I just have bought a update version from parallels desktop 12 to 13 as suggested in my software but when i will put the key i have received the message "you have entered an upgraded key. Please confirm it with the key from the previous version" requeste my previous key that I put and receive always the message "The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server". How can I validate it?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    emily jacquelin likes this.
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Igor Moreira , you have contacted us through Facebook and we have resolved your issue. Please reach us if you need any further assistance.

3. Jerry10

Jerry10 Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same issue I can't get pass the activation screen thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2018
  4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Jerry10. We see that you've purchased an upgrade license, which will work only with a permanent license of any of the previous two Parallels Desktop versions. Unless you have such a license, your new upgrade license won't work. We can refund this order if that's fine.

5. Jerry10

Jerry10 Bit poster

Hi, sure go ahead and refund it I actually meant to buy a full license as I need this product for my daily use. Can you direct me to the full license page please?

6. Hemnath@Parallels

The order has been refunded. The money will return to your account within 5 - 7 business days. Please visit https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buypd3/?full and navigate to New License -> Parallels Desktop for Home & Student Use -> Buy Now.

7. ToniP1

ToniP1 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same issue. I never got more than one license key and I keep entering the only one I can see when I login to parallels.com. Please advise.

8. changeo

changeo Bit poster

Hi, i just have bought a update version from parallels desktop 13 to 14 as suggested in my software but when i will put the key i have received the message "you have entered an upgraded key. Please confirm it with the key from the previous version" request my previous key that I put and receive always the message "The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server". How can I validate it? or please get refund to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
  9. AnnaW3

AnnaW3 Bit poster

Hi, I have had the same issue as Jerry10. I just purchased parallels 14 but i cant get past the activation screen as it keeps asking for a previous activation key which I don't have. I think I may need a refund, Please help.
    Thanks,

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi AnnaW3. We see that your upgrade license is refunded already and you have purchased a full license which is currently in use.

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello changeo. We do not see any licenses for a previous version in our records. Were you actually using Parallels before you bought Parallels Desktop 14? If so, let us know and we will send you a private message to investigate.

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi ToniP1. Actually, you do have more than one license. The upgrade license you are trying to activate now was bought in 2015, and, before that, in the preceding year, you had bought a Parallels Desktop 10 license. This is the key that you must use as the previous version key in the activation screen. If you do not have your Parallels Desktop 10 license, please let us know and we will send you a private message.

13. Radium

Radium Bit poster

Hello,

Just bought an upgrade key for PD14 but when I enter my old PD13 key it doesn't work...

If someone from support can help would be nice

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi Radium. Upgrade keys can only be activated using a permanent license (also known as a 1-Time Purchase license; refer to http://kb.parallels.com/122929 for details) of any of the last two versions of the software, not with a subscription license. Your Parallels 13 license is a yearly subscription. I can refund your recent purchase should you permit, after which you may purchase and use a full license.

15. Radium

Radium Bit poster

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Please refund me and I'll buy a new key

Thanks

16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Radium, We have processed the refund. Refunds take five to seven business days to appear on your account. you can purchase the Parallels desktop 14 for Mac full version and activate it directly.

17. DennisB5

DennisB5 Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same issue I can't get pass the activation screen... please help. Thank you

18. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello DennisB5. Please check our private message.

19. mohammad5

mohammad5 Bit poster

Hello, I am having the same issue Please refund me

20. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @mohammad5 , we have initiated the refund and the amount will be back int your account within 5-7 business days.