I'm trying to migrate my old laptop into my newly bought Parallels Desktop on my new Mac. My old laptop is running Gentoo Linux. I installed the Parallels Transporter Agent on it and switched to kernel 2.6.16-gentoo-r13, so that the Parallels kernel module (snapapi) compiles.
After gathering information from my laptop, the transporter client is telling me, that "You have not selected the active volume or you haven't selected any volume with OS installed."
I can boot from my hard-drive without problems using grub.
My questions:
How can I make the transporter detect that I do indeed have an operating system installed?
Alternatively: I got the impression, Parallels needs only the PVS file to boot my image. I've noticed the PVS file is in text. Is there somewhere good documentation on how to write on manually?
After gathering information from my laptop, the transporter client is telling me, that "You have not selected the active volume or you haven't selected any volume with OS installed."
I can boot from my hard-drive without problems using grub.
My questions:
How can I make the transporter detect that I do indeed have an operating system installed?
Alternatively: I got the impression, Parallels needs only the PVS file to boot my image. I've noticed the PVS file is in text. Is there somewhere good documentation on how to write on manually?