Your Phone Application on Windows 11 ARM Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AriC1, Dec 7, 2021.

1. AriC1

AriC1 Bit poster

Does anyone have the Calls functionality of "Your Phone" Application working on WIN 11 ARM? I cannot seem to get the Your Phone app to get the Calls section enabled or for it to detect the paired Bluetooth connection of my phone (Samsung S21 Ultra). I am running PD on a 14" M1 MacBook Pro. Through a lot of tinkering in the app if i have gotten it to show the splash screen where it initiates the phone pairing over bluetooth but it still doesn't end up getting anywhere. The messages, control of phone, notifications and all other sections of the Your Phone app work perfectly fine with the exception of phone calling.

What I have attempted so far to isolate the issue:
    • Different versions of Parallels Desktop 16/17.0/17.1
    • Different builds of Windows 11 ARM
    • Shared the built in Bluetooth Adapter from my M1 Mac Pro
    • Used different USB Bluetooth Adapters : Bluetooth V4 / V5
    • Used a different phone -> S10+
    • Your Phone app 2 latest versions on Win 11
    • Your Phone app from Google Play on Samsung, 2 latest builds
    • Ensured Parallels has permissions to Bluetooth, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders, Accessibility and Microphone in Systems & Preferences->Security & Privacy
    • Initiated pairing from Phone
    • Initiated pairing from Win 11
    • Fully tested microphone and speakers on M1 MacBook are in perfect working condition when used on macOS itself

I have also tried using Dell Mobile Connect and Alienware Mobile Connect (enabled via registry hack), using these applications I at least get the ability to initiate the BT pairing to my phone. However, when it does end up connecting and i can use the dialer the audio is completely unreliable. It will cut out so you have to switch to the headset and then switch back to the dialer app and audio might restore for a few seconds before it cuts out again.. However no matter what, the microphone over this connection has never worked even once. I have tried literally every possible method to get this working and have now run out of ideas. If anyone out there knows of a solution or anything else worth trying please let me know.

2. AriC1

AriC1 Bit poster

Nobody from here successfully able to make Calls through Your Phone app on Win 11?

3. BehradS

BehradS Bit poster

This is still not fixable and im wondering if anyone else has the same issues.
    Seems like the same problem people are having with xbox controllers and joysticks connecting to bluetooth.
    Any ideas ?

4. AGuy

AGuy Bit poster

Following as I have the same issue.

5. AGuy

AGuy Bit poster

I couldn't even pair it with Your Phone bluetooth; it seems like the passcode is wrong; and not sure if I need to pair it first with Macbook's bluetooth. Tried it both ways without results.

6. AGuy

AGuy Bit poster

According to https://kb.parallels.com/114686 -- seems activesync isn't supported; so no way to get bluetooth connection as a Windows OS guest?

Can someone from parallels support confirm?

7. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

8. BehradS

BehradS Bit poster

Hi Mcallen, Unfortunately the above solution does not work. Windows does not recognise bluetooth devices such as phones and joysticks if they are connected via macOS. They need to connect via bluetooth through windows itself which is not possible without connecting to macos first.
    Is there any other solutions ?

9. AJ87DJ

AJ87DJ Bit poster

The Share Bluetooth devices with Windows option doesn't work.
    As previously asked is there an option for connecting the Bluetooth device directly through Windows 11 instead of macOS?
    Any other settings to change or try within Windows 11 or Parralells 17?

10. AriC1

AriC1 Bit poster

Looks like the exact same issue persists in Parallels Desktop 18.02 one MacOS Monterey 12.6. So still unable to get the "Calls (in Preview)" working in Your Phone/Phone Link with the latest Windows 11 ARM Builds which means you cannot place calls with your Samsung or Android phone on a Win 11 VM and limits you to just to messaging/notifications/screen mirroring. Also worth noting the same issue is still prevalent with Dell/Alienware Mobile Connect as well. Was hoping newer builds of Parallels will correct this as my original post is now almost 2 years old now but looks like the developers have no intention of correcting this problem. If anyone in the community has found a work around please do let me know.

11. meyend

meyend

Anyone managed to figure this one out? Would be really great to have this functionality.