"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. ArvindR1

ArvindR1 Bit poster

I'm done with Parallels. It should not be this difficult to transfer licenses from one computer to another. In the past I had gone as far as purchasing a separate subscription license in addition to a permanent one...needless to say, I will not be re-subscribing when this current year license ends. Such a shame as I feel Parallels does have a slight edge over other VM platforms but these headaches are not worth it.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the issue you are facing so that we can assist you in resolving that issue.

3. BrixM

BrixM Bit poster

im having this issues too on reactivating parallel license after doing migration to a new mac. i have followed all the steps on the forum but still failed

4. Hi BrixM. Please provide the last 3 characters of the license key that you are trying to activate to check the details.

5. Hello, we've received your reply and made some necessary changes, please check the issue and let us know the results.

6. Hello, we've received your reply, please let us know if you have any additional questions or if the issue still persists.

7. Thank you for the provided info once again, please check the issue, we've reset your key once again.

8. Mike43

Mike43 Bit poster

Hello
    I am trying to reactivate my parallels on an another computer
    I have signed out from my old computer already. When I try to enter the product key on my new computer, I get an error (please see the attachment). Please reset my activation key

Attached Files:

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the Parallels Desktop 15 key registered with "kim.***86@gmail.com". You can try to activate now.

mike44 likes this.
  10. mike44

mike44 Bit poster

Thank you so much.

11. JamieC4

JamieC4 Bit poster

I am facing the same issues. I have purchased a new MBP16 and am unable to activate my parallels 15 on it! Why is this so difficult?

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can only see that you have Parallels Desktop 7 and Parallels Desktop 9 key in your account but not Parallels Desktop 15. If you have Parallels Desktop 15 registered in different account reply to this post using that account.

13. GedeonL

GedeonL Bit poster

I forgot to sign out of Paralells Desktop 14 before I reinstalled macOS and cant activate it again because the license has reached its maximum activation-limit. How am I supposed to deactivate the license for the old and uninstalled OS afterwards?

14. Hi GedeonL. From the records, we can see only a version 13 license key registered in your Parallels account. Please confirm the version that you are trying to activate.

15. LiamC1

LiamC1 Bit poster

Hi Parallels folks, I'm having the same issue, my MBP died so I had to get a logic board replaced. I've been using a Mac mini for work in the meantime. I've got the MBP back, and I'm trying to install Parallels on it. I've signed out of the Mac mini, but can't seem to sign in on the MBP. Any suggestions?

16. GedeonL

GedeonL Bit poster

I tried activating 14 and later 13. Both showed me the green Chechmark for a valid Activationcode as well as the same error.

17. SethL1

SethL1 Bit poster

My MacBook Pro died, so I moved its drive with Parallels on it to a different one. Cannot now run the same copy of Parallels and I see no way at all to deactivate the old machine. So: the same installation, on the same drive, running in a different machine and there's nothing I can do, and Parallels is perhaps the most impentetrable software company ever. No way to call, no way to message them, just this forum. Maybe someone there will read this and fix the problem. I cannot.

18. Hi LiamC1. We have reset the license. Try to activate now and it should work.

LiamC1 likes this.
  19. Please check and respond to our private message.

20. Hi SethL1. We have reset the version 12 license. Please try to activate now and it should work.