Version 4 Keyboard Issues - Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BlueCrow, Nov 11, 2008.

1. BlueCrow

BlueCrow Junior Member

For some odd reason, the keyboard profile was set to show the Windows start menu when Command was pressed so the start menu appeared each time I tried to copy/paste, (command-v, etc.). In preferences > Keyboard, I changed it so the Command key mapped to Control and that stopped it. This was weird though because there are other specific entries for Command V > Control V, etc.

Then, I realized I cannot Command-click to select multiple items. I still need to use the Control key even though I mapped Command to Control in preferences. I have no idea how to stop that since Command is already told to map to Control.

Now, I had this issue where everytime I clicked the B key, the help option for Windows would come up. I had to restart Windows and that stopped it.

Overall, version 4 is a multi-hour nightmare so far.

2. summitscout

summitscout Hunter

AFAIK, the CMD has always activated the Start Menu.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please check settings in Parallels Desktop - Preferences Keyboard

4. BlueCrow

BlueCrow Junior Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. john_s

john_s Bit poster

Just adding to this, for me my caps, shift, control, command, option and numpad = do not work. I had to map a letter key to shift just to log in. Fresh install of windows, installing tools, nothing gets it to work. Different keyboards, changing the preferences all around. A staggering show stopper.

6. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

What keyboard layout do you use?