Parallels Images Ready for Download!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Andrew @ Parallels, May 8, 2007.

1. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Download ready-to-run Parallels images from Parallels Virtual Appliances Directory!

Now it is possible to store information about ready-to-run Parallels images in Parallels Virtual Appliances Directory. Within it is possible to update and discuss them centralized, each Parallels image in the own forum branch.

The Parallels Technology Network has been released some times ago and now it is possible to use it for technical discussions.

We invite all users on Parallels Technology Network Discussion forum.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  2. chuwy

chuwy Junior Member

Where did all the linux operating systems images go?

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

4. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

To create an image for distribution, do any special measures need to be taken so as to avoid having the license key or registration information from an existing Parallels installation included with the file? (i.e. if I setup a turn-key Linux image would any of my personal information be tagged on the image?)

5. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

Of course, no.
    No any personal information or license key are packaged into Parallels VM image.
    Just the virtual disk data and virtual machine configuration (simple text file).

6. adamdz

adamdz Bit poster

Ay, lame, useless servers...

The download servers are horrible. Rapidshare allows one download the tells me to wait 200 minutes or wants money, the other one - Bigupload is slow as hell. I was eventually able to download kbuntu only to find out that the RAR file contained some lame MP3s instead of the image. I know bandwidth isn't free but this is pretty lame... During the time it'd take me to download a linux image I can make my own.

A.

7. macguy

macguy Member

Why does the purchase site require you to purchase the "Extended Download" option? Many of us don't need or what that option.

8. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Which purchase site is meant?

9. cloudy123

cloudy123 Bit poster

it makes sure that you can download at anytime. if you do not want it, then just leave it.

10. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

Anyone can do, anytime.

11. FredL4

FredL4 Bit poster

daad link. Is there a new location for downloadable images?
    Error 1016 Ray ID: 5b165623cee7f55d • 2020-07-11 23:34:39 UTC

12. Hi, it's a one on the old threads, please let us know what would you like to download or read?

13. ADiogoAndre

ADiogoAndre Bit poster

Hi!
    I am not sure if I understand correctly but is it possible to download parallels desktop images ready-to-run? I tried the link but it appears it does not work anymore. I am trying old windows version but I am having difficulties to install them e put them working properly. So, is there any site where I can download windows 95, 98 ME and windows NT 4.0??

Thank you!