Running Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by GMB1, Mar 5, 2009.

1. GMB1

GMB1 Bit poster

Hello,

I want to run Snow Leopard 10a222 Client DVD in Parallels. When I try installing it, I get an error message saying that on the Server version will install. Is this still true or is there some fix for this? I would love to try out this new OS.

Thanks,

Bruce

2. Peter Canasius J L

Peter Canasius J L Forum Maven

Hi GMB1,

Snow Leopard is experimental.Kindly give us sometime we are working in making it compatible with Parallels.

For more information regarding the Primary System Requirements click on this link.

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/sr

Thanks

3. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

I'm not able to install Snow Leopard (build 10a286 - NOT Leopard Server!) on my MacBook (Unibody, 2,4 Ghz) late 2008 and my MacPro Quad (late 2006).

[​IMG]

4. Peter Canasius J L

Peter Canasius J L Forum Maven

Hello GMB1,

There is a possiblity that while installing you might have specified another Mac OS Version.

During the installation of the Mas OS you will get the window where you will be asked to choose the " Os type " and " Os version " So kindly specify the exact OS type and the Version.

This should work.

5. Rob S

Rob S Junior Member

This happens to me too. Maybe the experimental support is just of the Server version.

6. STim

STim Bit poster

Apple EULAs allow virtualizing Server versions of Mac OS X only, no matter if it's Leopard or Snow Leopard.

7. aresa

aresa Bit poster

Hello guys,

I have the same error, and the exact os is specify for the type and version ....
    I have the parallels 4.0.3844 ... does a version problem ?

I tried with beta 10a314 and 10a261 .....

thanks a lot

8. mbusry

mbusry Bit poster

Snow Leopard Update

When will Parallels Server come out of 'Experimental'? I run it on 2 Servers.

9. Timalann

Timalann Bit poster

parralels 4 for Mac on snow leopard

can paralells 4 for mac be installed on the final release (the one at the apple store) of snow leopard.

I am running the original 8-core 667mhz ram Mac pro.

I need to run Windows XP on my mac.

10. moonmich

moonmich Bit poster

3.0 on Snow Leopard

I'm running Parallels 3.0 and it does everything I want it to do--except that now it doesn't work anymore since I installed Snow Leopard. Will a fix be issued, or will I be forced to upgrade (read: buy) Parallels 4.0?

11. YannG

YannG Bit poster

I have an error running parallels 4 on snow leopard (10a432) , "Unable to load the parallels driver"

Any idea?

Thanks..

12. David Jeffrey

David Jeffrey Bit poster

Getting Snow Leopard in Sept. - any success?

It looks like only the problems are noted here.

I have a MacBook Pro (early 2008) running Parallels 4.

Has anyone had success with upgrading to Snow Leopard - is it compatible?

David.

13. KenG

KenG Bit poster

Parallels incompatible with Snow Leopard

I now have a folder created by Snow Leopard during the new OS install this morning: "Incompatible Software." Please advice on updates, etc. And like the other user asked -- will we have to pay for the fix in a new version of Parallels?

14. Goof-Off

Goof-Off Bit poster

Compatability

4.0.3844 works fine with Snow Leopard.

15. mbusry

mbusry Bit poster

Wrong answer to question

Thanks everyone, but I yes I know the desktop version runs fine. I was and I'm still asking for Parallels Server for Mac.

Thank you

16. ace354

ace354 Bit poster

Parallels 4 and Snow Leopard Error

I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and now Parallels 4 will launch and boot to XP, but an extention error reports saying the networking extentions are out of date and that networking is disabled. Any suggestions?

17. Anders Dahl Johnsen

Anders Dahl Johnsen Bit poster

Snow Leopard + parallels 3.0 for mac

Like some others I upgraded to Snow Leopard and now parallels 3.0 for mac doesn't work anymore. Will there be an udgrade to download or am I forced to by parallels 4.0?

18. LucID555

LucID555 Bit poster

PD 5 + SL Server = FAIL

Hi,

I have a retail Snow Leopard Server DVD and trying to install it as a guest OS using Parallels Desktop for Mac 5 (the latest version).

Setup determined my DVD as SL Server 10.6 and I simply pressed Next until Start button appeared.
    Started and got a black screen for a few seconds and immediate shut down!

running SL 64 bit as a host OS, latest PD 5 (with all updates applied), MacBook Pro (MacBookPro4,1)

Please help, this is urgent

Best Regards,
    Alex

19. Sean Sykes

Sean Sykes Bit poster

So this issue does not seem to be resolved. I too am trying to install Snow Leopard in Parallels Desktop 5 and it seems to want to install Snow Leopard Server. Is there workaround for this?

20. CorbinH

CorbinH Bit poster

Does Parallels support staff read these forums?

I would have thought I'd seen them chime in on this.

So the question is still in the air--Can you install Snow Leopard on a VM with Parallels Desktop?