Parallels Apps in Dock Won't work w/Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by eddieb, Aug 30, 2009.

1. eddieb

eddieb Bit poster

I installed Snow Leopard and Parallels 4 works fine except the Parallels items in the dock. When I clicked on a Parallels item in the dock, it says it quit unexpectedly and doesn't open. So I deleted and recreated the shortcuts in the dock. They would work one time but then after that, I end up getting the same quit unexpectedly error. Re-booting didn't solve the issue either.

I can open the virtual machine and from there run any Windows apps. It's just that I can't make them run from the dock in OS X Snow Leopard.

Anybody experiencing the same thing and/or does anybody have a solution to this problem. Thanks.

2. Goof-Off

Goof-Off Bit poster

Mine runs fine from the dock after the Snow Leopard install.

3. ClintK

ClintK Bit poster

I am having the exact sam problem as original poster,

i did a fresh install of snow leaopard ie. I erased hard drive installed snow leopard then migrated data from time machine back up.

right now uninstalling parrallels and reinstalling, if that doesnt work i will do another fresh install bu this time not restore apps from time machine but instead reinstall them manually.

i will post back with results.

4. Goof-Off

Goof-Off Bit poster

Parallels Problem

I just installed Snow Leopard as I would any other regular program update. I didn't erase anything other than delete some old programs that were not Intel compatible that I didn't really need anyway. If you still have problems, you might just do a complete reinstall from Time Machine and then just run Snow Leopard that way.

5. ClintK

ClintK Bit poster

restoring apps from time machine broke photoshop and did something screwy to parrallels (issue from first post)

removing both apps and all related files and reinstalling fixed problem.

6. eddieb

eddieb Bit poster

When you say "fixed problem", did it fix the problem you created in the previous line of the post having to do with Photoshop, or did it fix the original problem of this thread being the dock icons not working?

7. ClintK

ClintK Bit poster

Dock icons that would sometimes start the vm and launch the windoze app work now. sometimes they would open sometimes they'd bounce and crash

but as mentioned above fixed now. my point in mentioning photoshop was that there seemed to be a relationship between the two, both worked fine before snow leopard and before being restored from time machine both broke as a result of being restored from time machine not as a result of snow leopard incompatibilities.