Windows 7 RC & Bonjour Printing broken in SL

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ronmarcusps, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ronmarcusps

ronmarcusps Junior Member

I recently switched from Fusion to Parallels (again) because Fusion was way too buggy. Anyway, I migrated both my Windows 7 VM (64 bit) and my Win XP VM no problems. Everything works fine in my Win XP VM, but I cannot connect my HP 6988 printer on my Airport Extreme network. I installed Bonjour for Vista x64 on the VM no problem. I launch Bonjour Printer Wizard, it finds my Printer, but by the time I click on the correct driver, I suddenly get an error message stating "The Bonjour printer you have selected is no longer available. Please make sure the printer is powered on and plugged in." Of course, it is powered on (and therefor plugged in) but no matter what I do, the same thing happens. I am running Parallels 4.0 Build 4.0.3810 on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) on my Intel iMac. I have parallel port connected and enabled with my printer. I have shared printing on in my Mac and the Mac's firewall is off. I remember I had to go through multiple hoops to get the Win 7 VM to print under Fusion, but I don't remember now what I did. Does anyone have any suggestions to allow me to print?
    Thanks in advance. . .

2. John Considine

John Considine Bit poster

I am having the same problem

I keep getting the "The Bonjour printer you have selected is no longer available. Please make sure the printer is powered on and plugged in." message when trying to connect with Windows 7 to my home printer (a HP 6300 all in one)

Funny thing is I made it work at work with a HP 7400 all in one, by connecting it first to the printer by USB, Getting windows 7 to install the driver, and then reinstalling Bonjour. I am affraid to reinstall Bonjour to get it to work at home, I need it to work at work more than home.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. BCW

BCW Bit poster

Re: Printer problems on Parallels 5.0 with Windows 7

I too get the same error win using Bonjour. Also if i try to install a printer directly, I keep getting an error that my print spooler has stopped and when I restart it, the same error occurs. How do I get Windows 7 when running under Parallels 5.0 to add a printer without errors? I can't even add CutePDF because it gets an error when installing the driver.

4. I-che

I-che Pro

Please note that current version of Bonjour does not support Windows 7. Hopefully, it will soon.

5. Yuh-GuoP

Yuh-GuoP Bit poster

Bonjour won't work under Windows 7 and Parallels 5

I have the same problem, the selected printer disappeared after I clicked on it Can some one help?