Windows 98 Internet connect

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by coachspinks, Jan 1, 2010.

1. coachspinks

coachspinks Bit poster

I installed Parallels 5.0 today. The only copy of windows that I had was 98 but it will work for what I need it to do. Installation went well except that a number of drivers did not install. Windows 98 boots up but can't connect to the internet. Best way to fix this? I am on a Macbook running 10.5,
    Thanks,

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Strange, I thought that network driver (it is Realtek 8029) is installed by Windows automatically.

If it doesn't, there is a copy of it in Parallels Tools disk. Connect to the VM image "/Library/Parallels/Tools/prl-tools-other.iso", the driver is located in Drivers\Network\RTL8029\WIN98

3. coachspinks

coachspinks Bit poster

I don't have a disk called "Parallels Tools." I have the one disk that I bought. I looked around for a folder on the disk that might have tools but I couldn't find it. While I am in the vm windows 98 I try to install tools but it does not give me that option. Can you walk me through it?
    Thanks,

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please click the CD-rom icon on the botton of the Parallels Desktop window while VM is started and choose "Connect". Browse the /Library/Parallels/Tools/prl-tools-other.iso file. Then click on CD-disk (probably D:) in VM. Just install the mentioned driver.